When removing hair from the male genital area, great care must be taken due to the extremely sensitive nature of the skin in that region. There are three main options for the task: shaving, trimming and use of depilatory creams. All can be done in the privacy of your own bathroom and are safe if performed correctly.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Shaving cream
- Razor, not disposable
- Electric trimmer or sharp manicure scissors
- Depilatory cream
- Aloe vera cream
Trim the hair in your genital region carefully with scissors. You want to start by trimming sparingly, as you can always go back and trim more to achieve the desired result. Alternately, you can use an electric razor.
Brush the area gently with your hand to shake off stray hair.
Touch up as necessary.
Trim excess hair from the region before trying to shave.
Soak genital region for two to three minutes with warm water. Allow to dry for a minute or two.
Lather up a generous amount of shaving cream with water and gently rub onto the genital region.
Shave gently against grain of the pubic hair, unless you have very sensitive skin. If you have sensitive skin, shave in the direction of hair growth instead.
Rinse razor and excess hair off the genitals with warm water.
Apply aloe vera cream to the applied area to sooth the skin and prevent ingrown hairs.
Test the depilatory product on an inch of skin on the inside of your elbow to ensure that you will not have an allergic reaction. Squirt a dime-sized amount of the cream on the inside of your elbow and leave it on for the amount of time listed in the product's directions. Wait 48 hours before using on the genital region and make sure to read the directions.
Apply a thin layer of the cream on your genital region. Leave on for the amount of time specified in the directions.
Wipe away the cream with a washcloth.
Rinse the pubic region with warm water and a gentle soap to remove any residue.
Repeat as necessary.
Tips and warnings
- Waxing is another option, but is not recommended for home use as it is a bit more complicated and causes a lot of ingrown hairs.
- Electrolysis is a permanent means of genital hair removal, but it must be done by a trained professional.
- Baby oil can be used instead of the aloe vera cream, if preferred.
- A good shave can be done in the middle of your shower.
- Refrain from using tweezers on the genital area.
- Do not leave a depilatory cream on for longer than the product's directions specify.
- Make sure your scissors and razor are sharp.
- Do not use soap when shaving; a good shaving cream is essential.
- Do not use traditional aftershave on the genital region; it will result in intense stinging.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for