If your home is not pre-wired with Ethernet cable outlets, Netgear's XE102 acts as a bridge to provide Ethernet access throughout your home without the need for cables. The Ethernet bridge uses existing electrical lines to extend the network. The unit does not require software driver installation, making the set-up process relatively simple.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Network router
Turn off your network router and disconnect the power adaptor.
Plug the Netgear XE102 into a nearby electrical socket. The unit's power indicator will light up.
Insert the Ethernet cable that is included with the XE102 bridge into your network router's Ethernet port. Insert the opposite end of the cable into the XE102.
Reconnect your router's power adaptor and turn the router on. Wait a few moments for the network adaptor and XE102 bridge LED lights to blink and indicate that the link is active.
Tips and warnings
- Ensure that the Ethernet router and network are set up before installing the XE102.
- Plug the Netgear XE102 into a wall outlet, not a power strip or surge protector, to ensure proper network performance.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for