Niacin is an antioxidant found in Vitamin B3 and is used for a variety of skin problems, including acne, inflammation, sagging skin and dull skin tone. Regular use of niacin will help to reduce these ailments, and you can even make your own niacin gel in just a few easy steps. Incorporating this beneficial antioxidant into your skin care regimen is simple.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Niacinamide tablets (500 mg)
- 100 per cent aloe vera gel
- Mild face wash
- Clean towel
- Airtight container
Combine five niacinamide tablets with 56.7gr. aloe vera gel in your blender. Blend well. Make sure the tablets are completely dissolved in the gel. This recipe from Skincare.com has proven to have beneficial effects on the skin.
Wash your face with a mild face wash. Pat dry with a clean towel.
Apply the niacin gel to your face using your fingertips. Pay particular attention to areas that are broken out or inflamed. Store the remaining niacin gel in an airtight container.
Wait 30 minutes, and allow the gel to dry. Apply a moisturiser immediately after the gel is dry to counteract any drying effects.
Tips and warnings
- For best results, use niacin gel once a day.
- To increase the benefits of niacin on your skin, eat more foods high in Vitamin B3, such as grains, meat, fish and green vegetables.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for