Refrigerators these days have some pretty advanced controls that allow you to set precise temperatures for the food and beverages in your refrigerator or freezer. These temperature displays can sometimes be a bit tricky and/or show the temperatures in Celsius format when you want Fahrenheit. Fortunately, some of the more-advanced refrigerators allow you to change this setting.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Locate the model name or number of your frigidaire refrigerator. This is a crucial element in determining what specific settings can be changed. Check the frigidaire website for particular model information.
Open the fresh food compartment of your refrigerator and locate the control panel, which is usually found at the top of this compartment.
Press the "C/F" button between the two degree reading displays to toggle the display between Celsius and Fahrenheit.
Tips and warnings
- Unfortunately, only some of the higher-end frigidaire refrigerators allow you to toggle the degree displays between Celsius and Fahrenheit. If your refrigerator reads in Celsius and you would like a Fahrenheit reading, you can always place a separate Fahrenheit thermometer somewhere in your refrigerator's fresh food compartment. This option will also provide a more-accurate temperature reading, because the displays on the refrigerator's control panel are only for setting the fresh food compartment's desired temperature.
- Be aware of the other controls on your refrigerator's control panel. The control panel also allows you to turn off all refrigeration. Make sure you don't accidentally execute this control--all the food in your refrigerator may perish as a result.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for