A member of the Asus Eee family of netbooks, the Eee PC 701 provides portability for basic computing tasks. If you are experiencing incessant system errors, or you simply wish to remove your personal data, consider resetting the unit. The simple procedure restores your Asus netbook to its original factory settings.
- Skill level:
From your Windows desktop, click “Start” > “Shut Down” to power down your Eee PC 701. If the operating system is frozen, initiate a hard shutdown by pressing and holding the power button for four to six seconds.
Disconnect the AC power adaptor from the netbook and electrical socket.
Remove the Eee PC battery from the bottom of the unit. The battery is located on the bottom of the netbook, near the back hinge. Slide the locking mechanisms located on either side of the battery to an unlock position. Then, slide the battery off the computer.
Identify the computer’s "Reset" button, which is located on the bottom of the unit and is a pin hole with a recessed button. Use a paper clip or other small tool to press the "Reset" button.
Press and hold the "Reset" button for approximately 10 seconds to reset your Asus Eee PC 701.
Replace the battery and power adaptor. Start your netbook to confirm that the reset is complete.
Tips and warnings
- Secure your data by backing up your files to a portable flash drive before resetting your system.
- Ensure that the power adaptor is completely disconnected from the unit before removing the battery to prevent accidental electrocution.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for