A balding head is a common occurrence in men especially. The majority will suffer from a receding hairline and eventually baldness. But as balding is a natural, hereditary process, it's best to embrace those balding genes and get on with your life. In order to do this you need a haircut that deals with the balding as best as possible.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Hair Clippers
Go to a barber that you trust and who will cut your hair exactly as you wish. Doing it yourself at this stage will probably only make matters worse.
Ask for your hair to be cut short if it is very thin on top; cutting hair short makes it look thicker and doesn't highlight the thinning parts of your hair as much as a longer cut does.
Get your barber to leave your fringe long if your hair is still thick around this area and brush the hair forward to hide a receding hairline. Grow the hair very long and tie it back in a ponytail, or leave loose. This, too, will hide a receding hairline if the hair is still thick.
Go to your barber and have him shave your hair down to stubble if you are really lacking hair. This is the best way to keep it looking smart and maintained and get it to an easy length to shave at home.
Alternatively, buy a pair of clippers and shave it yourself to a very short length.
Soak your hair and apply shaving gel to your head, working it into your scalp with your fingers.
Start shaving the lighter areas of hair first in order to give the shaving gel more time to work into the coarser bbits of hair and soften them. Shave carefully with slow, even strokes.
Wash your scalp with soap and water and dry with a towel after shaving.
Tips and warnings
- If your scalp is irritated after shaving, apply an aftershave lotion or skincare product. Products with aloe vera or vitamin E are ideal for your post-shave scalp.
- Shave against the grain and there will be less chance of skin irritation
- Don't use alcohol-based products on your scalp. They will dry your skin.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for