A type of Indian oil massage, Kerala has proved useful for treating the scalp and hair as well as the entire body. The Ayurvedic oils used in Kerala increase blood circulation in the scalp, promote hair growth and have been used to treat skin irritations. Preparing the herbal hair oil of Kerala to massage into your scalp is easy to do at home. This allows you to experiment with natural, botanical materials for healthier hair and skin.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 236ml. sesame oil
- 59.1ml. calendula herbal oil
- 14.2gr. Ayurvedic herb powder
- Glass bowl
Add the sesame oil to the glass bowl.
Stir in the calendula oil and powder. Choose an Ayurveda powder that is beneficial to your skin and hair, such as garcinia and tulsi, which contain antioxidants and assorted nutrients.
Microwave the bowl on high for two minutes. Remove the bowl and stir, allowing it to cool for five minutes.
Tips and warnings
- Massage the oil into your hair and scalp using circular motions with your fingertips. Wrap your hair and scalp with a damp, steam-heated towel and let it sit for an hour.
- Obtain the ingredients from a craft or hobby-supply shop.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for