TinyURLs are usually created when the original URL for a site or web page is too long to be remembered or shared on other sites. These URLs serve as web address abbreviations for easy access to specified web pages. The original URL is copied and processed into a condensed version that is easier to share with others, as it doesn't require a long number of text characters. Some users opt to have them for permanent use, while others may need them temporarily. If the use is only temporary, you can easily delete them by accessing your account settings on the TinyURL website.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- TinyURL user account
- TinyURL link you created
Access the TinyURL official website in your Internet browser (see Resources).
Click “Login” in the upper right corner of the TinyURL home page. A login box will pop up over the page.
Provide the user name and password for the account you created the TinyURL under. Then, click the “Start Tiny'n” link below the user name and password fields.
Go to your account settings, and click “Manage.” All of your account URLs will be displayed.
Check the box next to the TinyURL you'd like to delete, and click the "Delete" action.
Tips and warnings
- If you do not have a TinyURL account, you can create one. When the box appears as a result of Step 2, a link for account registration will be provided below the user name and password data fields. Select the “Click Here” link, and provide the information on that following screen to complete the TinyURL account registration.
- Although account creation is not mandatory to create TinyURLs, an account is needed to delete them. Therefore, if you do not have an account with the site, you will not be able to delete the TinyURL you created.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for