If your computer is experiencing severe data corruption and system errors, running the system recovery program is an option. Your Acer M1640 will revert to its original, factory-installed state. The recovery process deletes all files, software and drivers not installed by Acer.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Click "Start" > "Restart" to reboot your Aspire M1640.
Hold down the "Alt" button and repeatedly press "F10" while the system restarts.
Select "Restore System to Factory Default" from the Acer eRecovery menu.
Enter the eRecovery password at the prompt. The factory default password is six zeroes if a new password was not previously created.
Click "Yes" at the eRecovery warning prompt.
Click "Next" to begin the recovery process. The system will restart once the system is restored.
Tips and warnings
- You will need to configure the Windows operating system after the recovery process is complete.
- Back up your data before beginning the recovery program. The information will be erased during the restoration process.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for