When you scan a photo or document using your HP 4480, it is automatically stored in a default location on your computer. However, you may want to change the location where your scans are saved. To change the default location for saving a scanned document or image from an HP 4480 Deskjet or Photosmart All-in-One (AIO) printer, go to the “Settings” section of the HP Solution Center software on your computer.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Computer with HP Solution Center installed
- HP F4480 or C4480 AIO printer
Start HP Solution Center, either using the icon in the system tray (lower-right corner of your screen) or by clicking on "Start," "All Programs," "HP" and "HP Solution Center." From the home screen of the HP Solution Center, choose the “Settings” option.
Select “Scan Settings.” This will give you a pop-up menu, from which you can select either “Scan Picture Settings” or “Scan Document Settings.” The option you choose from this menu will correspond to the button you will press when you wish to begin a scan. Choose the option for which you want to change the default save location.
Make sure that the “Prompt for settings at time of scan” box is checked.
Click “Home” and then choose an option to begin scanning, either “Scan Picture” or “Scan Document.” The "Scanning from..." screen will pop up, and on the left of this screen you will see the "Scan Shortcuts" menu.
Choose the appropriate option under the "Scan Shortcuts" menu (corresponding to the option you chose in Step 2), then click the "Save to File Save Options" button. From this screen, you can set the file save configuration to your liking, including setting the default location to save your newly scanned file.
Tips and warnings
- Other versions of HP Solution Center may be different and offer different options, depending on your printer or scanner model. Click the "Help" button on the "Settings" screen in Solution Center to change the default settings for your saved scans.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for