Venetian masks are a beautiful addition to many costumes and are ideal for a costume party, carnival or Halloween celebration. Traditional Venetian masks are covered in highly intricate detail and decoration. Make your own handmade version at home using one of the free online resources available. This is a great way to produce your own unique mask and ensure that you stand out from the crowd.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Online Venetian mask template
- Hole punch
- Ribbon or elastic
- Embellishments such as feathers, glitter glue and stick-on jewels
Open the web page which features the Venetian mask template that you wish to print. Ensure that the online template has a clear bold shape that will be easy to cut.
Follow any online instructions for printing the template. Resize the template using your printer if required.
Cut around the template and cut the holes for the eyes. Punch holes at either side of the mask for the ribbon or elastic.
Add embellishments to really make the mask stand out. A few dots of glitter glue or stick on jewels will add sparkle while a couple of feathers will add texture and movement to the mask.
Attach the elastic or ribbon to the mask and adjust to fit.
Tips and warnings
- There are many different types and style of Venetian mask template available online. Pick the type that appeals to you most both in design and in scope for decoration. If you are very creative choose a plain mask template which you can completely customise.
- Print the mask onto scrap paper first to check for size.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for