You may consider your animal your best friend, but cleaning up after it isn't always an easy task. Dogs and cats shed hair on the carpet, furniture and clothing. Dyson makes a line of vacuum cleaners that make cleaning up animal hair much easier. The vacuum cleaners have what Dyson calls "Root Cyclone" technology that keeps the suction on the vacuum strong and constant. Dyson also provides a number of attachments to help clean up after your animal.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Zorb carpet maintenance powder
Turn the vacuum cleaner off before using a Dyson animal attachment.
Open the wand cap on the top of your Dyson vacuum handle. Pull the tube out to release the wand from the vacuum. You can use animal attachments on the end of the hose or the wand.
Attach the "flexi" crevice tool to the end of the wand to reach into small areas and under car seats to vacuum any gathered pet hair.
Connect the stiff bristle brush attachment to the hose or the wand to remove dried mud, dirt and animal hair deep in the carpet. After it is worked loose, you can run the vacuum over the dirt if the brush attachment did not pick it all up.
Hook up the low-reach floor tool to the hose or wand to get animal hair from under objects near the floor such as couches, beds and recliners.
Put the mattress tool attachment on the wand or hose to remove animal hair from mattresses and other upholstery.
Sprinkle Dyson's Zorb carpet maintenance powder on your carpet, then use the Zorb groomer to work the powder into your carpet before vacuuming it up.
Tips and warnings
- The animal accessories you can use with your Dyson depend on the model you own. Check your user manual to see which animal attachments are compatible with your model.
- Use care when removing the hose to put on an attachment. It has a powerful suction that can cause it to quickly pull back.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for