Having a humidifier in your house is a good idea if any household members suffer from nasal congestion, dry skin, dry nose or an itchy throat. Humidifiers put moisture back into the air. Crane makes many humidifiers and has a whole line devoted to children. Children are less afraid to use the humidifier in their room when the humidifier is in the shape of a frog or duck. Some essential oils are also great at clearing up nasal congestion and can be added to your Crane humidifier.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Crane humidifier
- Distilled water
- 9 drops Eucalyptus essential oil
Unplug the Crane humidifier if it is plugged in. Always do this before you fill up your water tank.
Remove the water tank from the unit and flip it over to reveal the water tank cap. Remove the cap.
Fill the water tank with distilled water. Crane does not recommend using tap water, especially if you have hard water. Leave a little bit of air space at the top.
Put nine drops of eucalyptus essential oil in the water tank. According to Sweet Additions, eucalyptus essential oil is used for chest congestion, relief from sinuses, asthma, sore throats and even various skin conditions.
Screw the lid back on and flip the water tank right side up again. Set it back on the body of the humidifier.
Plug the Crane humidifier in, and switch the on/off button to on.
Tips and warnings
- Lavender and peppermint essential oils are also a good choice for use with a humidifier.
- Always thoroughly clean your humidifier after each use. If you don't, it is possible for the essential oils to do damage to the plastic.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for