The Acer Aspire One is an ultra portable netbook computer. The Acer's small size allows you to carry it with you very easily. Some drawbacks come along with the benefits of having a tiny computer, and they will need to be addressed. Remain aware of how you use your Acer. It's important to understand that these small computers were made to allow you to work in places a desktop normally couldn't fit. The Acer Aspire One is not a super computer, and requires special care to run at optimal efficiency.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Close all unnecessary windows and programs. Treat this little computer differently from a powerful desktop model. The Acer Aspire One has limited RAM inside its tiny case, so it's important to stay on top of pop-up windows and shut down programs you're not using. This will help your activities run much smoother.
Delete old or unused programs from your Windows XP-based Acer Aspire One. Go to "Control Panel," select "Add Remove Programs" and select "Remove" next to any programs you do not need. Unused programs not only waste your hard drive space, but they can also start up with the every boot causing longer boot times and run in the background wasting processor power.
Remove unneeded data. The Acer Aspire One will run faster when its hard drive is not filled with data. Transfer important files to your desktop or a backup device to free space on your hard drive. Using an MP3 player as storage for your audio files works well as a portable option.
Use a cooling pad whenever possible. A cooling pad is a pad with a built-in fan for setting your laptop on to keep it from getting too hot. The Acer Aspire One gets hot when running programs that require more power. Too much heat can shorten the life of a computer, as well as slow it down to a crawl. Lugging around a big cooling pad makes the Aspire One less portable, but you can also buy tiny fold-up fans made especially for netbooks, which can fit in your pocket
Tips and warnings
- Many people suggest that you change your operating system to something lighter to lower the demand on your Acer Aspire One.
- Cooling pads can be found at large retail stores, computer shops and online. A regular laptop cooling pad will work with the Acer Aspire One, but you can also find smaller cooling pads that are more portable and are made for netbooks like the Acer Aspire One.
- The operating system that came with your computer has all the specific divers installed. If you change systems, you'll need to find new drivers.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for