How to Replace a Mercedes Fuel Filter

Written by carl pruit
  • Share
  • Tweet
  • Share
  • Email

Replacing the Mercedes Benz fuel filter is a job that can be done with just a few household tools in about an hour. The fuel filter is mounted underneath the driver's side of the vehicle, just behind the front axle, and is protected from road hazards by a metal plate that can be removed with a socket wrench. The fuel filter should be changed routinely to keep the Benz engine running smoothly. You can save money by replacing it yourself.

Skill level:
Moderately Easy

Things you need

  • Socket wrench set
  • Screwdriver

Show MoreHide


  1. 1

    Locate the Mercedes Benz fuel filter cover underneath the driver's side of the engine behind the front axle. Unfasten the bolts that secure the cover to the vehicle frame with a socket wrench and move the cover out of the way.

  2. 2

    With a screwdriver, loosen the screw clamps on the fuel lines that secure the lines to the fuel filter. Pull the fuel lines off both ends of the fuel filter.

  3. 3

    Use the screwdriver to fasten the mounting bracket screw that secures the fuel filter to the vehicle frame. Slide the fuel filter out of the mounting bracket and unscrew the fitting from the end of the fuel filter.

  4. 4

    Fasten the fitting from the old fuel filter to the new filter. Slide the new fuel filter into the mounting bracket. Locate the directional arrow on the side of the new filter to verify that the inlet and outlet ports are pointing the right way.

  5. 5

    Using the screwdriver, tighten the mounting bracket screw and secure the fuel lines to both ends of the new filter. Attach the fuel filter cover to the vehicle frame with bolts.

Tips and warnings

  • To avoid burns, let the engine of the Mercedes Benz cool down before attempting to replace the fuel filter.

Don't Miss

  • All types
  • Articles
  • Slideshows
  • Videos
  • Most relevant
  • Most popular
  • Most recent

No articles available

No slideshows available

No videos available

By using the site, you consent to the use of cookies. For more information, please see our Cookie policy.