A scratched laptop is a little problem that can cause a lot of frustration. Most laptops have a plastic lid, which shows fingerprints and can be scratched by something as small as a zipper. Thankfully, with a little polish and a soft cloth, you can remove scratches so that it looks almost new, without harming the cover.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 1 tsp dish soap
- 2 cups water
- Plastic polish
- 3 soft cloths
Mix soap and water, and dip a soft cloth in the mixture.
Clean off the surface of your laptop, using small, circular motions, so that there is no dust, grease or other particles that could interfere with polishing.
Dry off your computer completely, using a dry, soft cloth.
Apply a small amount of plastic polish to a soft cloth, and rub it on your laptop, using small, circular motions. Keep the coat as even as possible to avoid clumping.
Wait approximately five minutes, until your laptop is completely dry.
Repeat this process until surface scratches and fingerprints are completely gone.
Tips and warnings
- Because laptop lids are susceptible to scratches and fingerprints, consider purchasing a laptop skin or lid. They are lightweight, relatively inexpensive and can be personalised to suit your taste.
- For very deep scratches, consider repainting your laptop. However, this is a complicated process that should not be done without consulting an expert.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for