Windows Live Hotmail is a free e-mail service with expanding storage capacity to meet your communication needs. Deleting e-mails keeps your e-mail inbox organised, regardless of the storage capacity. However, if you accidentally delete a message, you have a limited time frame to recover the data.Emails are permanently erased within a few days of deletion.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Sign in to your Windows Live Hotmail account to access your e-mails.
Click on the "Deleted" folder on the left side of your screen menu.
Review the list of deleted e-mails. Select the e-mails you wish to recover by clicking the corresponding e-mail check box.
Select the "Move to" option above the deleted e-mail list. Drop down and select "Inbox" to recover your e-mail from the "Deleted" mail folder.
Tips and warnings
- Rather than immediately deleting your e-mails, try creating a monthly folder system for potentially important messages. Store the e-mails for a few months. Then, delete the entire folder if none of the messages are needed. It will keep your inbox organised and minimise the risk of deleting important e-mails.
- Windows Live Hotmail automatically erases the Trash folder a few times during the week. If your e-mail is no longer in the Trash folder, you will not be able to recover it.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for