AppleCare is a service and support plan offered by Apple for various products, including the iPhone and iPad. Depending on the AppleCare warranty you purchase, you can get a replacement device or get repairs when needed. Once the plan expires, you may be responsible for part of or all of the cost of repairs. If you are unsure of the status of your AppleCare warranty, you can check it out online with your product's information.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Model number
- Product serial number
Access Apple's website (see Resources).
Create an Apple ID to access your device's warranty information (see Resources). Choose an ID, password and security question. Click "Next."
Enter your name, e-mail address and primary address. You are also required to select your contact preferences and enter the CAPTCHA code.
Check the "Terms and Conditions" box and click "Create Apple ID."
Click "Support" in the top menu and then click "Register and View Your AppleCare." Click "View Your Agreements" to check your warranty.
Select "Get Started" and then sign in using your Apple ID and password. Sign in to Apple Support by entering your Apple ID and password.
Select the product to view the status of your AppleCare warranty.
Access "Service and Repair" on the Apple website (see Resources).
Enter your product's serial number and select your country from the drop-down menu. Click "Continue."
Review your AppleCare warranty status.
Tips and warnings
- The Apple product must be registered in order to view the warranty status online. When you sign in to Apple Support, if no products are registered click the "Register an AppleCare Agreement" link to register your product. You need the serial number and model number of your product to register.
- You can also obtain AppleCare warranty status by calling customer service at 800-676-2775.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for