The Sony PSP-1000 model, affectionately known as the PSP "Phat," has a huge number of options if you want to play games, watch movies and listen to music. You also have an option in charging the console: by AC adaptor or USB cable. Setting up your PSP to charge by USB is actually very simple.
- Skill level:
Plug a 5-pin USB cable into the USB port at the top of the PSP console. Plug the other end of the cable into an open USB port on the computer.
Power on the PSP console and press the "Home" button to bring up the home menu.
Navigate to "System Settings" and select "USB charge." Change the setting to "Yes" to make the system charge when connected by USB cable.
Select the "Settings" menu and navigate to "USB Connection." Press "X" to start the USB connection, and the USB will begin charging.
Tips and warnings
- When connected by USB cable, you can also use the USB connection to transfer music, movies and other files to the PSP console for later use.
- When the USB connection is active, and charging, you will not be able to use your PSP phat for any other functions without stopping the charge.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for