Regular maintenance of your Compaq Presario laptop helps to keep the machine running properly. Keeping the fans clean is especially important, because the fans blow out hot air and bring in fresh air to cool down the laptop. Fans attract dust, however, which can slow them down, resulting in a hot laptop. If the laptop overheats, vital parts can cease functioning altogether. Consequently, keeping your laptop's fans clean is crucial.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Compressed air
Locate the laptop's vents and fans. You'll be able to feel warm air coming out of the vents while the laptop is running. The fans are located on the bottom of the case and are covered by a grille.
Blow air into the fans and vents with the can of compressed air. Move the nozzle around to ensure that fresh air is blown in at every possible angle.
Turn on the laptop and let the fans blow out any remaining dust. Turn off the laptop and repeat, if needed.
Tips and warnings
- If your computer is still experiencing heat problems, you may have to have a professional disassemble and clean out the machine.
- When spraying the compressed air, keep the can level and upright; don't tip the can so that the top is pointed downwards. This can cause the can to spray out liquid, which can damage your laptop.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for