The HP Deskjet D2660 is a printer that prints with two HP 60 (black and tricolour) print cartridges. After print cartridge installation, the print cartridges require alignment to reduce print quality issues such as misaligned ink that can appear as smears or blurs on printouts. Additionally, if printouts start to exhibit quality issues, print cartridge alignment may serve as a logical repair option. Whatever the situation, aligning the print cartridges on the HP D2660 is not difficult. You only need to issue a simple command from the HP Solution Center on your computer to the printer.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Turn on your HP D2660 printer and confirm that it is connected to your computer and that it has paper loaded in the input paper tray.
Open the HP Solution Center on your computer. Click "Settings" and then click "Printer Toolbox" in the "Print Settings" section. In the Printer Toolbox, click the "Device Services" tab, click "Align the Print Cartridges" and then click "Align" to begin the print cartridge alignment process.
Check the alignment page that prints out for print quality issues and then answer the questions that appear on the screen. When finished, discard the alignment printout.
Tips and warnings
- If print cartridge alignment doesn’t correct a print quality issue, clean the print cartridges. Open to the Printer Toolbox in the HP Solution Center. Select "Clean the Print Cartridges" and "Clean" and then proceed as directed on the screen. If cleaning the print cartridges doesn't correct the issue, contact HP for assistance.
- Print cartridge alignment and cleaning wastes ink. Only align or clean the cartridges when necessary.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for