Wearing a gillie suit for military purposes or for hunting can add to your concealment abilities, but properly camouflaging your gun is equally important. The straight, machined lines of modern firearms stand out in natural surroundings, so constructing a gillie wrap for your gun is the best solution. Breaking up the outline of your gun and adding more natural colours can make a hunting rifle virtually invisible.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Camouflage burlap
- Black netting (volleyball netting works)
- Black cable ties
Cut out a square of netting with the scissors. It should be large enough to cover the gun you wish to camouflage.
Pull individual threads out of the camouflage burlap. Each thread should be about 1 foot long. You will need to pull at least 200 threads to construct your gillie gun wrap, but more may be needed depending on the size of the gun to be camouflaged.
Tie bundles of five burlap threads to the black netting. Thread each bundle of burlap through the netting halfway and then tie a square knot. Continue to tie five thread bundles of camouflage burlap to the netting until it is covered.
Wrap the piece of netting with bundles of burlap threads around the part of your gun you want to camouflage.
Secure the camouflage netting to the gun with black cable ties. To make the netting secure, use at least two cable ties around the whole gun to keep the gillie wrap in place.
Tips and warnings
- The more individual bundles of camouflage burlap threads you tie to the netting, the higher quality your gillie gun wrap will be.
- Check that the gillie wrap for your gun doesn't interfere with the action of the weapon or the sights.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for