The Xbox 360 is designed to attach to any video source, including a high-definition TV, that has a component cable input. To connect an Xbox 360 to a 17-inch LCD computer monitor. an adaptor must be used to change the component output to that of the DVI input the monitor requires. You can get a component-to-DVI adaptor from an electronics shop or computer store. This will let you play the Xbox 360 on the LCD monitor, provided you have also an Xbox 360-compatible high-definition component cable.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Xbox 360 component HD AV Cable
- Component-to-DVI adaptor
Plug the square connector on one end of the Xbox 360 component HD AV cable into its connection on the back of the Xbox 360.
Plug the red, green and blue male plugs at the other end of the Xbox 360 component HD AV cable into the red, green and blue female connections of the component-to-DVI adaptor. Plug the DVI male plug at the other end of the component-to-DVI adaptor into the DVI female connection on the LCD monitor.
Set the HDTV switch on the Xbox 360 component HD AV cable to “HDTV.” Turn on the LCD monitor. Turn on the Xbox 360. Navigate to the “My Xbox” icon. Select “System Settings” from the list of choices beneath “My Xbox.”
Select “Console Settings” from beneath “System Settings.” Select “Display” from beneath “System Settings.”
Select “HDTV Settings” from beneath “Display.” Select the video resolution from the list of choices that is closest to the resolution of the LCD monitor, for example, 720p or 1080i. Navigate back to the Xbox 360’s Home menu.
Tips and warnings
- Turn the LCD monitor on before you turn on the Xbox 360--this enables the game console to detect the monitor.
- You will need to use powered speakers to hear the Xbox 360 unless the LCD monitor has speakers built in that can be connected to the audio cables attached to the Xbox 360 component HD AV cable.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for