Tech Deck fingerboards have evolved from mere toys for collectors and skateboard enthusiasts, to a full-blown competitive hobby in less than 10 years. Kids of all ages are beginning to figure out that these fingerboards can actually be used to do many of the same tricks as real skateboards, and in turn more sponsored competitions are beginning to appear. Getting sponsored by a Tech Deck company requires a great amount of skill and luck, but with a little determination and good fortune, you could very well find success.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Tech Deck fingerboard
- Tech Deck ramps and grind rails
- Video camera
Practice fingerboarding and come up with a routine that you would like to display for the Tech Deck company you wish to be sponsored by. Write down all the tricks you know how to do and practice each one for a few days until you feel comfortable performing in front of a camera. Plan out a fingerboarding session where you can showcase all of your favourite tricks in one single attempt.
Post your video online where it can be seen by a large audience. Include the words "Sponsor Me" in your title and write out a thorough description of who you are, how you can be contacted, and why you think you should be sponsored by a Tech Deck company. Include your best fingerboarding sessions in the video and establish a name for yourself by gaining a following of fans and viewers.
Send an e-mail to the Tech Deck company you wish to be sponsored by and attach a video of yourself showing off your best tricks. Explain in detail your love for the hobby and why you believe you deserve to be sponsored, and take your time to make it sound professional.
Keep an eye on the Official Tech Deck website for news and updates regarding upcoming skateboarding events in your area. Check to see if there will be any Tech Deck tents or booths at the event where you can enter fingerboarding competitions, showcase your skills, and potentially win a contest to be sponsored by a Tech Deck company.
Tips and warnings
- Build a loyal fanbase for yourself by posting several videos of your best fingerboarding sessions in weekly or monthly increments. By attracting large numbers of viewers to subscribe to your videos, you increase your exposure and chances of being seen by someone who can actually get you sponsored.
- Use as many ramps, grind rails and obstacles as you can to impress your viewers to the fullest. Plan out elaborate sessions and practice them until you get them down perfectly, then unveil them to your fans by posting a video of it all.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for