Windows XP Pro users may want to uninstall the program for various reasons. Fortunately, no matter what your reason is, the uninstall process is possible. However, you must keep in mind that once you uninstall the Windows XP Pro version, your operating system will run the previous Windows version you had installed on your computer. It is recommended that you back up any important files before completing this task.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Restart your computer in safe mode. To do this, you must press the "F8" every few seconds while the computer is restarting. This will automatically start your computer in safe mode and let you uninstall Windows XP Pro from your operating system safely. Log in to your computer by typing your user name and password.
Click on your computer's "Start" menu, which is the tab located on the bottom left corner of your screen. Select the "Control Panel" option and click on "Add/Remove Programs." This will open a window that will display the list of programs installed on your computer.
Scroll through the list of programs and select the Windows XP program by clicking on it. Choose the "Uninstall Windows XP Pro" option and click on the "Yes" tab when you get a message asking "Are you sure you want to uninstall Windows XP Pro and restore your previous operating system?" This will confirm that you want to uninstall Window XP Pro.
Click "Next" so your computer begins to remove Windows XP Pro, and wait for the computer to finish. Once the task is finished, your computer will automatically restart and the previous Windows version that was installed in your computer will be present.
Tips and warnings
- Keep in mind that although this task does not affect your previously stored programs, sometimes you may find a program that is not working properly. If that's the case, you will have to reinstall that specific program.
- After uninstalling Windows XP Pro, all the files you had will still be on your computer. It is recommended, however, that you check your files to make sure that they are working properly.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for