Reset the BIOS (Basic Input/Output System) password on the Compaq Presario 2100 notebook remove an old password or to remove your BIOS password altogether. The BIOS password is required to enter the BIOS and depending on the type of BIOS password you set, is also required in order to boot your computer. You must know your current password in order to reset the BIOS password. This is a safety precaution to ensure other users cannot change your BIOS without your permission.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Restart your Compaq Presario 2100. Go to “Start,” select “Turn Off Computer” and choose “Restart.”
Press “F10” as soon as the Compaq logo appears.
Enter your BIOS password when prompted.
Use your right arrow key to select the “Advanced” menu.
Use your down arrow key to select “Supervisor Password.”
Enter your current password and your new password. If you do not want to use a new password, leave the new password box blank.
Reset the BIOS to factory settings, including the password by navigating to the “Exit” menu screen and pressing “F5.”
Tips and warnings
- If you do know your current password, but your BIOS does not accept it, follow the instructions in the link in the Resources section for updating your BIOS to solve the problem.
- If you do not know your Power On BIOS password, you must contact HP support in order to schedule a repair. This is the only way to reset the Power On BIOS password.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for