PlayStation 3 can connect to the Internet to download new games and content and allow users to compete against other gamers. A common error that occurs is a DNS 80710102 error, signifying PS3 "cannot connect to the Internet," according to the PlayStation Knowledge Center. There is one overall fix for the issue, plus additional solutions for wireless and Ethernet connections.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- PlayStation 3
- Ethernet cable
Press the "PS" button the centre of your PS3 controller. Select "Turn Off Console." Press "X" to confirm the power down. Wait 30 seconds.
Press the "PS' button to turn the PS3 console back on.
Scroll to "Settings" on the cross media bar. Scroll down the menu to "Network Settings" and press "X."
Choose "Internet Connection Settings" and press "X."
Select "Easy" and cycle through the connection settings. Choose "Scan" to automatically detect a wired or wireless connection or "Manual" to enter information about your router into the PS3. Check your router manual for the required information.
Save your settings and select "Test." The DNS error should not appear.
Scroll to "Settings" on the cross media bar. Scroll down to "Network Settings" and press "X." Choose "Media Server Connection" and press "X."
Select "Disable" and press "X" to confirm. Press "Circle" to return to the cross media bar.
Return to "Settings" and scroll down to "System Settings." Press "X." Scroll down to "System Information" and press "X." Write down the MAC address displayed on the screen.
Access your router settings through your computer and enter the PS3 MAC address into the router's MAC filter setting.
Verify the PlayStation 3 is connected to your modem or router with an Ethernet cable. These cables resemble phone cords with slightly larger plugs on each end.
Unplug any USB accessories currently connected to your PlayStation 3.
Power off your PlayStation 3 console. Unplug your modem and router so that all lights on the devices are turned off. Wait between two to five minutes.
Plug your modem and router back in. Turn on your PlayStation 3. Attempt to reconnect to the Internet.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for
- PlayStation Knowledge Center: What Can I Do if I Receive an Eight Digit 800 Series Error Code?
- PlayStation Knowledge Center: Troubleshoot my Wired (Ethernet) Network Connection on the PlayStation 3 Computer Entertainment System
- PlayStation Knowledge Center: Troubleshoot a Wireless Network Connection on the PS3 Computer Entertainment System
- PlayStation Knowledge Center: How Do I Find the MAC Address on the PlayStation 3 Computer Entertainment System?