You may need to restore your Acer computer to its factory defaults if a virus damages operating files or if the system begins acting erratically for unknown reasons. Restoring an Acer to factory defaults returns the computer to its original state when first purchased.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Click on the Start menu. Then, select all programs, Acer Empowering Technology and Acer eRecovery Management. If this is the first time you have opened the program it will prompt you to set up a password and create a backup CD.
Click the Restore button and select the option that reads "Restore system to factory defaults".
Wait for the computer to finish the restore process and reboot.
If your computer will not boot up properly, you can attempt to reach the restore option by pressing the Alt button and the F10 button at the same time.
When the eRecovery menu appears, choose "restore system to factory defaults".
Wait for the recovery process to complete and the computer to restart.
Tips and warnings
- Backup important files to a CD or other storage device before restoring the system to factory defaults.
- When restoring an Acer to factory default, all installed programs and all user files and data will be erased.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for