Internal speakers come standard on the majority of computers sold today, including Dell products. You may need to find out how to turn off the internal speakers on your Dell if they do not work, or if you choose not to use them. You may also want to turn off the internal speakers if you're turning your computer on in an area in which you do not want to disturb anyone around.
- Skill level:
Select the "Start" menu on your desktop and navigate to the Control Panel. A window should pop up listing the Control Panel options.
Click the Device Manager. Choose "View" from the Device Manager menu.
Click on the Beep Properties menu. Click the Driver option in the Beep Properties menu.
Click the "Stop" button on the Driver menu. Choose this option for temporarily disabling the internal speakers.
Click the "Disabled" button on the Driver menu. Choose this option to permanently disable the internal speakers.
Tips and warnings
- If you are trying to disable the internal speakers from a Dell computer running Windows 7, you may find the steps vary slightly.
- Ensure that you know what permanently and temporarily disabling means before you disable your speakers.
- Choose the correct option, and follow the guidelines so you do not accidentally disable another part of the computer.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for