Silicone keyboard covers protect keyboards from dust and spills. These covers may be moulded to fit specific keyboards or may be simple, thin covers intended for use on any keyboard. Over time, oils from the skin, dirt from the environment and food spills may collect on the covers, making them look and feel unpleasant. It's much easier to clean a keyboard cover, however, than to try to clean a keyboard.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Mild dishwashing detergent (liquid)
- Soft cloth
- Microfiber dusting cloth
Fill your kitchen sink with enough warm water to fully submerge the keyboard cover. Add 1/4 tsp of mild liquid dish detergent.
Remove the cover from the keyboard. Take the cover outdoors and shake the crumbs off.
Submerge the keyboard cover in your kitchen sink. Allow it to soak for 10 minutes if food has dried on it.
Wash the silicone keyboard cover, front and back, with a soft cloth. Rinse the cover with warm, clean water from the faucet.
Lay the silicone cover flat on a towel to dry.
Tips and warnings
- Dust the cover daily with a microfiber dusting cloth to prolong the amount of time needed between washings.
- Do not wash the keyboard with other objects--especially any, such as flatware, that could poke holes in it or scratch it.
- Make sure the cover is fully dry before placing it back on your keyboard.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for