Whether you use the post office daily for business needs or only go to the post office occasionally, it's helpful to locate a U.S. Postal Service office that can serve your needs. Aside from regular post office locations, the USPS also has locations within grocery stores and banks. Once you find the post office location most convenient for you, you'll be able to take care of mail-related needs.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Go to the United States Postal Service website (see Resources).
Click on the "Locate a Post Office" tab near the upper right portion of the page.
Select "Post Office Locations" under the service for which you are looking. Enter the Postcode of the area in which you want to find a post office location. Enter a street address, city and state, for locations that may be closer to you.
Tips and warnings
- Many USPS locations have automated machines that can help you with basic mailing services, 24 hours per day.
- Most phone books will list the post office under "US Government Offices" or at the front of the phone book under "Local Government Offices."
- Ask for directions, as well as other important local information, at the Chamber of Commerce for the village or city in which you are vacationing or to which you are moving. These people are knowledgeable about the area and can typically help you locate most any type of business or office within the municipality.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for