Since a laptop computer is easily portable, one of the problems is that scratches develop on the cover frequently. Although the scratches will not harm the functioning of the computer, they can take away from the appearance of the laptop. It is possible to remove the scratches from the laptop cover by repairing them with a polish designed for plastic surfaces.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- 1/4 cup of dishwashing soap
- Warm water
- 3 soft cloths
- Lint-free towel
- Plastic polish
Combine 1/4 cup of dishwashing soap with warm water in a bucket. Dampen a soft cloth in the bucket and wipe the laptop to remove any debris.
Rub the laptop cover with a lint-free cloth and make sure it is completely dry.
Squeeze out a small amount of the plastic polish on a soft cloth and apply it to the scratches in a circular motion.
Continue polishing until the laptop cover has absorbed all the polish and the surface is shiny. Check that the scratched area has blended in with the surrounding areas; keep polishing until it does. Apply as many coats as necessary.
Clean off any excess polish from the cover with a soft cloth. Examine the laptop and make sure all the scratches have disappeared. Repeat this method until the scratches are gone.
Tips and warnings
- Most hardware or home improvement stores carry plastic polishes. Depending on the level of the scratch, you may need a different type of polish. Some polishes are designed for minor scratches while others are for deeper ones.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for