Apple Computers has always had a reputation for providing very good warranty protection with the purchase of its products. The resell value of an Apple product is further increased by the fact that this warranty protection is fully transferable when ownership changes from one customer to another. Due to Apple's excellent customer service, it is not a difficult process at all.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Original proof of purchase
- Apple warranty plan's certificate
- AppleCare Protection Plan
Verify that you still have all of the necessary documents that came with the Apple product, the original proof of purchase and the warranty plan's certificate. AppleCare Protection plans purchased with the Apple product is transferable to new owners.
Notify Apple of the transfer of ownership. Contact them by e-mail, fax or though posted mail at the address below:
MS: 217AC, 2511 Laguna Blvd
Elk Grove, CA 95758
When notifying Apple of the transfer, provide the plan agreement number, the serial numbers of the equipment being exchanged and the name, address and telephone number of the new owner.
Smoking near a Apple computer voids the computer's warranty--be sure to review all Apple warranty requirements to ensure a warranty is still valid.
Tips and warnings
- You can only transfer ownership of an Apple product once, you might want to make this clear to the new buyer.
- Though Apple has a relatively generous warranty plan, there are some surprising things that will void your warranty, such as your computer smelling like smoke. Be aware of all the terms and conditions of the warranty for your specific product.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for