The HP Photosmart 7450 photo printer uses ink cartridges to print. Print cartridge alignment is necessary after every installation of a cartridge, to keep the printer performing at its optimal speed and maintain print quality. Misaligned cartridges can lead to misaligned or malformed text or lines on a printout. Aligning the print cartridges isn’t difficult. HP has designed the 7450 to accept the print cartridge alignment command directly from your computer with only a few mouse clicks.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Place paper in your HP Printer 7450 paper tray. Turn on the printer and check that it is connected to your computer.
Open the HP Toolbox. If you're using a Windows OS, right-click the HP Photosmart printer icon on the Windows taskbar and select "Open HP Photosmart 7400 Series Toolbox" from the menu. If you're using a Mac OS, click on the "HP Photosmart" menu on the Dock and select "HP Inkjet Toolbox."
Select the print cartridge alignment option. Click on the "Device Services" tab, select "Align Print Cartridges" and then click the "Align" button (Windows) at the bottom of the window or click the "Align" button in the "HP Inkjet Toolbox" window (Mac).
Follow the on-screen instructions. Wait for the alignment process to end. This can take several minutes.
Tips and warnings
- If your printout has misaligned or malformed text or lines, perform a print cartridge alignment to attempt to fix the issue.
- Always align the print cartridges after every print cartridge installation.
- The print cartridge alignment process uses ink and paper. Reduce ink or paper waste by only performing a print cartridge alignment on your HP 7450 when necessary.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for