When most people think of perfume they think of pleasing scents with no other purpose than the odour itself. However, you can make perfume that actually serves another purpose while smelling good at the same time. One of those ways is by making a cedarwood perfume for dogs. The smell is pleasant, but the perfume also repels ticks. Just rub some on the dog's collar and say goodbye to insect problems for man's best friend.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- 1 tablespoon of beeswax
- 1 tablespoon of vitamin E
- 15 drops of cedarwood (essential oil)
- Mixing Bowl
- Container for the perfume
Get out your mixing bowl and add the beeswax. Then add the Vitamin E.
Add some water to a saucepan and place it over the burner on your stove. Carefully place the mixing bowl in the saucepan and turn the heat up to high. Watch for the water to come to a boil and then watch for the beeswax and Vitamin E to melt completely.
Take the pot off of the stove and remove the mixing bowl.
Add the cedarwood oil to the melted wax mixture. Stir the mixture with a straw. Make sure everything is mixed completely before the wax begins to harden again. That means you must mix it as soon as you get it out of the boiling water.
Quickly pour your perfume in to the container you plan on keeping it in. Wait 30 minutes until it hardens and is ready to use.
Take some of your perfume and rub it on your dog's collar. Your dog is now going to smell great also be safe from those pesky ticks.
Tips and warnings
- Double the recipe if you have more than one dog you want to use the perfume on.
- When removing the mixing bowl from the pot full of boiling water you must be extremely careful. Wear gloves and don't touch the handles directly. You don't want to get burnt.