Electronic Arts' racing simulation for the PC, "F1 Challenge '99-'02," puts players behind the wheel of a high-speed Formula 1 race car and challenges them to rise through the ranks of the international Formula 1 scene. The game must be installed before it can be played, and to get the full benefits of the game, there are several free patches that can be applied for added content.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Computer running Microsoft Windows XP
Insert the "F1 Challenge '99-'02" game disc into your PC's CD or DVD drive.
Wait for the disc to automatically boot. If the disc has not booted after 10 seconds, open "My Computer" and double-click the "F1 Challenge '99-'02" icon.
Click "Install" to add the basic game to your computer. You will be prompted to specify a location for the game to install; unless you have a specific drive or location in which you like to keep your games, leave the default setting.
Download the add-ons for the game from the site in Resources. The game will run without these, but they add to the variety offered by the title.
Install the downloaded files by double-clicking to unzip, then running the unzipped file. Install the add-on files in their order of release: "Oval Track," "Revised Open Wheel," then "1997 F1 Mod."
Launch "F1 Challenge" by double-clicking the desktop icon or clicking "F1 Challenge '99-'02" from the "EA Sports" section of the "Start" menu.
Tips and warnings
- To install the game to Windows 7 or Vista, close the window that displays when the CD automatically boots. Open "My Computer" and right-click the CD's icon. Choose "Run as Administrator," then click "OK." When installing the add-on packs, repeat this step to ensure the new content works correctly.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for