The metadata of an MP3 contains the song's title, artist, album, genre and other identifying information, which allows applications including iTunes to organise your music collection. The "ID3 tag" attachment, which you can edit easily in iTunes, stores this data.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Computer running Windows or Mac OS
- MP3 file
- Song title, artist and album
Open iTunes and pull down the "File" menu. Select "Add to library."
In the window that pops up, locate the MP3 you wish to edit and click "Choose."
Select the MP3 in iTunes by clicking it once and select "Get info" from the "File" menu.
Under the "Info" tab in the window that pops up, enter the song's title, artist, album and any other information you would like included with the file.
Click "Okay" when you are done editing the file's ID3 tag.
Tips and warnings
- Allmusic and Discogs are accurate sources for hard-to-find album information such as release year, record label and composer.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for