Making candles at home allows you to freshen the air around you and present gifts to your friends and loved ones.. Making candle oil scents to add to your candle formulations is part of creating one-of-a-kind candles. Whether it be fruity, floral or masculine, homemade candle oil fragrances are quick and easy to make when you have the right ingredients.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Essential oil blend, 56.7gr.
- Carrier oil blend, 56.7gr.
- Plastic pipettes
- Glass bowl
- Glass oil jar with lid, 113gr. size
Fill a four oz. oil bottle with about two oz. of carrier oil. Oils such as coconut, flax seed, sunflower and pure vegetable oil provide a scentless base in which fragrance oil is evenly distributed.
Create a blend of essential oils to make a scent you are satisfied with. Practice using a plastic pipette for each different scent of essential oil. This prevents you from accidentally mixing the oils in the bottles.
An example of a delightful candle fragrance blend would be a quarter oz. each of lavender, rose geranium, ylang ylang and jasmine. Mix the blend into a glass bowl.
Add the ounce of mixed essential oils to the glass bottle containing the carrier oil.
Secure the lid onto the oil bottle, and shake it vigorously. This allows the essential oils to mix with the carrier oil. This thins out the scent a bit so that it can be added to your homemade candle formula.
Tips and warnings
- Store the fragrance oil in a dark, cool area, such as a linen closet or under your bathroom sink.
- Don't add more than an ounce of essential oil to an ounce of carrier oil. Too much essential oil causes black soot to rise from the flame of your homemade candles.