Dressing up a bridesmaid dress is easy with a ribbon. With so many colours, patterns and sizes, you can create the style and look you want. While you can add any ribbon you like, it is best to consider the colour of the dress and choose a ribbon that will dress up the bridesmaid dress without being too flashy—it is the bride’s day, after all. Tying the ribbon is easy.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
Place the ribbon around the waist of the dress. One side of the ribbon will be in each hand.
Create two equally sized loops with one in each side of the ribbon.
Pass the right loop over left loop. Straighten the ribbon if any bunching occurs.
Pass the right loop behind the left loop. Continue under and up, passing the loop through the hole.
Tie the loops into a knot. Straighten the ribbon if it is misshapen.
Cut excess length from the tails with scissors.
Tips and warnings
- Ribbon is available in a variety of colours and textures.
- Don't choose a vibrant colour that will overwhelm the bridesmaid dress.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for