Do you have the feeling that your sister is going into your bedroom when you aren’t home? Maybe you’ve found things moved around or missing. Perhaps you have a hunch that she is reading your journal or just using your things without permission.
If you want to know once and for all if your sibling is sneaking into your bedroom, then a spycam can catch her in the act. A spycam will monitor your room while you are away.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- USB webcam with motion sensor capabilities
- Screwdriver or utility knife
- USB extension cord
- Desktop computer or laptop
Dismantle the casing from the webcam either by prying it apart with a utility knife (if the casing is glued) or unscrewing it with a screwdriver (if you see screws). You will be left with a circuit board connected to a camera lens and USB cable. Unscrew the larger, front part of the lens so that you are left with a tiny camera that you will be able to hide.
Hide your camera by securing it in an inconspicuous area of your bedroom. Make sure that you angle it so that it has a full view of the entire room.
Plug the camera into the USB extension cord and connect the extension cord into the USB port on your computer. If you normally do not have a computer in your bedroom, you will have to borrow a laptop and hide it somewhere in your room so that you don’t arouse any suspicions. Conceal all wires out of plain sight.
Enable the camera’s motion detection sensor using the computer and software provided by the webcam you are using.
Leave the computer and motion sensor running anytime you are away from your room.
View the results of your spycam on your computer.
Tips and warnings
- Act natural during the spying process. Don’t let on that anything has changed in your bedroom. Just go about your business and day-to-day conversations as you normally would.
- For added invisibility, you can hide your camera in a hollowed-out item like a book, alarm clock or stuffed animal.
- Wear eye protection when taking apart electrical items, and always be sure the items are not plugged in.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for