T-shirt display racks can be expensive pieces of equipment to purchase for stores or crafters. They can run from £65 to several hundred dollars each, and then you get a large shipping fee added to the cost because they are heavy. Display racks are often bulky and hard to move. If you are doing craft shows, you need a lightweight, less expensive display rack that can be easily moved where you need it. It helps if it can be dismantled easily for shows.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 4 foot 6 inch piece of 1 inch PVC pipe
- 2-2 inch by 4 inch by 24 inch wood (parts d and e)
- 3-4 foot pieces of wood (label them a, b and c)
- 1 inch paddle drill bit
- Paint or stain
Sand all of the wood pieces before you start putting the display rack together. It will be easier to sand. Once it is put together, it will be large, and you would have to get into some uncomfortable positions to get it sanded.
Place part "a" on a flat surface with the 2-inch-by-4-foot side facing upward.
Measure and mark the centre of parts "d" and "e". Place the centre mark at the ends of part a with the 2-inch-by-24-inch side facing up, and nail them together. This will make the stand.
Lay parts "b" and "c" on a flat surface. Pick one end of the 4 inch by 4 foot side to be the top. Drill a hole half way through the end of part "b" and "c".
Place parts "b" against part d with the 2-inch-by-4-inch part facing up and the drilled hole facing the stand. Nail into place.
Place the PVC pipe into the hole on part "b". If you will be hanging heavy items on the rack, you might want to use galvanised pipe instead of PVC pipe.
Place the pipe into the hole on part "c". Place the bottom of part "c" against the centre of part "e." Nail it into place.
Paint or stain the wood on the rack. Do not paint the PVC rod because the paint will scrape off every time you put something on it. Customers can be rough when they yank stuff off of the rack. The paint will help preserve the wood, and will be more attractive than unfinished wood.
Tips and warnings
- You can make the T-shirt display rack portable. If you want to be able to take the display stand apart, use screws to put the stand together. All that you will need to put the stand together or take it apart will be a screwdriver.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for