Everybody perspires. It is the body&rsquo;s way to naturally cool off. Unfortunately, sweat can often leave an unpleasant odour on your clothing. Body odour is embarrassing, and often lingers on clothing long after it has been washed. There is no need to throw out an otherwise good piece of clothing just because it smells of body odour. Take the proper measures to remove body odour from your clothing and leave it smelling fresh.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- White vinegar
- Baking soda
- Household ammonia
Fill a bucket with 1 gallon of warm water. Add 1 cup white vinegar.
Put the clothing into the bucket. Let it soak overnight.
Remove the garment the next day. Hang it outside in the sun to dry thoroughly.
Launder the garment as usual. Add 2 cups of baking soda to the washer before laundering. Hang the garment in the sun to dry.
Mix 1/2 cup water with 1/2 cup household ammonia if the clothing still smells. Use a rag to sponge the ammonia solution onto the areas that smell like body odour. Add 2 cups of baking soda to the wash load and launder the garment again. Dry the clothing outside in the sun.
Tips and warnings
- It may take more than one treatment to effectively remove body odour from clothing.
- Mix together equal parts lemon juice and water and sponge it onto the areas of the clothing with body odour for an another method for removing the smell. Launder the clothing as usual.
- Never mix bleach and ammonia. The fumes created can be fatal.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for