Airsoft guns are similar to standard BB guns except that they shoot a plastic round instead of a metal round. Some Airsoft guns look a lot like the real thing and come in semi-automatic and automatic. They generally utilise gas or a gear-driven spring mechanism that propels the round. The gear-driven models are usually battery operated. Inexpensive models may run on AA batteries but most utilise a rechargeable battery pack that must be installed before use and may need replacing periodically.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Place the muzzle cap on your AK-47 Airsoft gun and set the selector switch to the safe position. Point the muzzle in a safe direction and remove the magazine as well.
Slide the butt plate downward on the end of the stock to remove it.
Pull out the wires -- with the connector on the end -- that are located within the stock or butt of the gun.
Insert the battery into the butt of the AK-47 so that the wires are pointing out.
Connect the wires using the connectors located on both ends. They should just slide together.
Fold the wires into an "S" shape and slide them into the butt of the Airsoft gun under the battery so that they are not sticking out. You may need to move the fuse box to get them in.
Slide the butt cap back on in the reverse manner from how you removed it.
Tips and warnings
- Keep a spare battery in case yours goes bad or loses its charge while you are using it.
- Gun safety courses are a good idea for any and all who use guns of any kind, even Airsoft guns.
- Remember Airsoft, BB, and pellet guns are not toys.
- The process for installing a battery in an AK-47 Airsoft gun may differ between manufacturers. If yours does not have the battery located in the stock, check the upper receiver. Some have a button at the back of the receiver that releases the cover and the battery is stored directly under the cover.
- Never allow small children to use Airsoft guns or other firearms.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for