The Samsung CLP-310 colour laser printer is a network-ready device that allows any of the users on your network to queue up print jobs from any of their computers. Setting up the CLP-310 series printer only requires plugging in a few cables and following the included installation disk. The printer may then be added to the network by changing a few simple options in each computer's operating system.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- USB cable
- Ethernet cable
- Soft cloth
Set the Samsung CLP-310 colour laser printer on a flat and sturdy surface. Connect the device's AC adaptor into a wall outlet. Attach a USB cable to the open USB port on the back end of the CLP-310 printer.
Plug the opposite end of the printer's USB cable into a USB port on your computer. Place the installation CD that came with the CLP-310 into your computer's disk drive.
Click the drop-down menu that appears and select your language. Click "Next" and choose "Finish" to install the CLP-310's driver software.
Connect one end of an Ethernet cable to the open Ethernet port on the back end of the Samsung CLP-310 printer. Attach the other end of the cable to one of the open Ethernet ports on your network's router.
Access your computer's "Start" menu. Click "Devices and Printers" if you are using Windows 7 or Windows Vista, or select "Printers and Faxes" if you are using Windows XP.
Click the "Add a Printer" link and select "Next." Select the radio button labelled "Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer" and choose "Next."
Click the entry for the Samsung CLP-310 series printer in the list of detected network devices. Click "Next" and choose "Finish" to add the CLP-310 to the list of printers available on the computer.
Repeat the process on any other computers connected to the network. Insert the CLP-310's driver installation disk into the disk drives of any other computers that will be using the printer. Follow the on-screen driver installation directions.
Configuring for network use
Unplug the Samsung CLP-310's AC adaptor. Press down the plastic release notch on the front end of the printer and pull the front access panel down so the toner cartridges are visible.
Grab the plastic, rectangular black toner cartridge at the top of the open compartment. Pull the toner cartridge out of the CLP-310 printer. Repeat the process with the colour toner cartridge, which is positioned just below the black toner.
Locate the plastic waste toner container at the lower-left edge of the CLP-310's open compartment. Grip the handle of the container and pull the container out of the printer. Discard the contents of the container.
Wipe off all of the exposed surfaces inside the open compartment with a soft cloth. Set the waste toner container back in its original position and reinsert the black and colour toner cartridges.
Push the access panel up until it clicks into place. Plug in the CLP-310's AC adaptor.
Maintenance and troubleshooting
Tips and warnings
- The CLP-310 includes an option to print a report page that tells you if there are any problems with the device. Wait until the printer is not currently in use and press and hold the "Stop" button for five seconds to print the report page.
- If your CLP-310 isn't anywhere near your network's router, it is still possible to use the device as a network printer. Do not plug in an Ethernet cable at all. Instead access the computer that is connected to the printer's USB cable. Open the "Start" menu and choosing "Network." Click "Network and Sharing Center." Select "Printer Sharing" and choose the "Turn on Printer Sharing" option. Click "Apply." Add the printer to the other computers normally by accessing the "Add Printer" window.
- You must already have your computers networked together through a wired or wireless router in order to use the CLP-310 as a network printer.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for