A fire or years of smoke from a fireplace or cigarettes can cause a lingering smoke smell. Odour from smoke can accumulate on various surfaces and last for days, weeks or even months. Not only does the smoke leave an unpleasant smell, but it will also cover your wood furniture with a greasy film. Before treating the smoke odour, you must remove the greasy film left behind from the smoke. Once the film is removed, use an all-natural odour remover to rid your wood furniture of the unpleasant smoke smell.
Fill a container with 1 gallon of warm water. Add a few drops of liquid grease-cutting dish soap. Mix the water and soap.
Saturate a clean cloth in the mixture and wring out the excess soapy solution. Wipe down the wood furniture with the cloth to remove the greasy smoke film. When the cloth becomes dirty, submerge it in the mixture and continue wiping until the wood is completely clean.
Rinse the wood furniture with a clean cloth saturated in cool water.
Wipe the wood furniture dry with soft towels.
Fill a clean bucket with 1 gallon of water. Add 2 to 3 cups of distilled white vinegar.
Saturate a sponge in the water-vinegar mixture and wring out the excess. You want the sponge to be damp, not soggy.
Scrub the wood furniture with the sponge gently. Do not allow the wood furniture to become to damp or water damage may occur.
Things you need
- 2 containers or buckets
- Liquid grease-cutting dish soap
- Distilled white vinegar