Would you like an affordable manicure table for your salon? You can easily make one by combining several small furniture pieces available at any home furnishing or home remodelling centre. With the right materials and know-how, you can make a manicure table that is your very own unique piece of furniture.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 2 end tables with drawers, approximately 36 inches high
- 1 table top, approximately 48 inches long by 24 inches wide
- Small storage compartment for polishes and supplies (optional)
Go to your favourite home furnishings or home remodelling store and select the end tables. The tables should have several drawers for ample storage. Select any style that interests you. To make a good table they should be at least 32 inches high and approximately 20 inches to 24 inches deep.
Find a table top. A large plate of glass would make an excellent work surface. It will be easy to clean and your manicure materials won't stick to it. Laminated table tops like the ones available at home remodelling stores would also make a good choice. The table top should be approximately 48 inches long by 24 inches wide.
Select a desktop storage compartment. Think outside the box on this one. Many office desktop organisers would be perfect for storing your polishes and supplies.
Gather the Materials
Place the end tables as far apart as your tabletop allows. For example, if you purchased a 48 inch long tabletop, the end tables can be 48 inches apart, measuring from the outside edges.
Place the top on the end tables.
Set-up your materials and start doing manicures.
Tips and warnings
- Don't worry about colours. If you like a design, but not the colours, you can paint over the factory finish with enamel paints.
- To make a truly unique table top, consider adding a second material to the store-bought table top. For example, cut out a portion of a laminated tabletop and drop in a small piece of granite as an easy-to-clean work surface.
- For safety purposes, glass table tops should be made from tempered glass and should be at least 1/2-inch thick.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for