Golf is one of the most difficult sports to master. The tiniest imperfections in a golf swing can have disastrous effects on a ball's flight path. To avoid frustration on the course, many people look to golf practice nets to hone their swing at home. Golf practice nets come in all shapes and sizes and can be very expensive. By making your own golf practice net, you can practice your swing without breaking the bank.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 12 foot long, 2 inch diameter Schedule 40 PVC pipe (4)
- 8 foot, 2 inch diameter Schedule 40 PVC pipe (2)
- PVC pipe cement
- 2 inch diameter Schedule 40 PVC pipe elbow fitting (6)
- 3 feet x 50 feet poultry netting
- Nylon cable ties
- 22.7kg bag of sand (3)
Attach three of the 12-foot PVC pipes to make a U-shape, using the elbow fittings and PVC cement.
Attach the remaining 12-foot PVC pipe to the two 8-foot PVC pipes to make another U-shape, using the elbow fittings and PVC cement.
Attach the two U-shaped PVC pipe assemblies together at the open end, using elbow fittings and PVC cement. The short U makes up the base and the tall U makes the upright frame. The full assembly should be in the shape of an L as viewed from the side and should stand on its own.
Cut strips of the poultry netting and stretch them across the framework, fastening with nylon cable ties. Start at the top and work your way down, at an angle, to the back of the legs, overlapping the netting as you go.
Place a 22.7kg. bag of sand on each of the three supporting legs to give the net stability.
Tips and warnings
- You can make a bigger net by simply increasing the dimensions of the PVC pipe. Use a thicker pipe for larger nets and consider adding additional layers of poultry netting to the framework.
- Assemble the frame in a well-ventilated area. The fumes from the PVC cement can be dangerous if inhaled in large quantities. Be aware that errant balls can cause severe damage. Always place your net in a safe place, facing away from houses, automobiles and people.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for