The NASDAQ stock exchange is the second largest stock exchange in the U.S. and home to companies like Apple, Microsoft and Google. Investors who want to profit from the growth of the NASDAQ market can do so by buying stock in NASDAQ itself. The NASDAQ market is part of the NASDAQ OMX Group.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Apply for and fund an online stock brokerage account if you do not already have one. The 2010 Broker Survey from Smart Money magazine rates and ranks the top online brokers. Fidelity and E-Trade were the top ranked brokers for 2010.
Look up the current share price for the NASDAQ OMX Group. The stock symbol for the company is NDAQ. Stock prices can be found using the quote screen of your brokerage account.
Calculate the number of shares of NDAQ you are going to buy. Divide your investment amount by the current NDAQ share price. Stock purchases are only allowed in full share increments so round your math results to the nearest whole number.
Buy the shares of NDAQ using the stock trade screen of your online investment account. To place the trade you will need to enter the stock symbol, number of shares and select market order. When the order is filled the exact purchase price will show in your account summary screen.
Tips and warnings
- Check the one-year stock chart of NDAQ before investing. At the end of June 2010, the share price had fluctuated several times between £11 and £14 per share.
- Do not buy any shares of the price is in a downtrend, wait for a bottom and turn upward before investing in NDAQ.
- Use a limit order instead of a market order if you believe the price will go lower and you want to buy at a lower price.
- It is possible to lose a significant portion of your investment in any stock, including NASDAQ. You should understand the risks and do your own research before investing.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for