To sell taxable goods and services in Germany you must register with the Bundeszentralamt für Steuern. The Federal Central Tax Office provides the VAT application online to speed up the application process. Once you have completed the application, the Bundeszentralamt für Steuern will validate your information and, if you application is accepted, send you a VAT number in the post.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Navigate to the BZST's FAQ allocation of sales tax identification number (VAT) website listed in References.
Click on the "Online-Beantragung" link.
Fill in the requested information. You'll need to provide details about your business and the reason for needing a VAT number.
Tips and warnings
- The online application is available between 5 a.m. and 11 p.m., German time.
- The online application and all online information for VAT is only available in German.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for