Roses are one of the most common flowers planted around homes and other buildings in America today. Roses are perennial plants and require at least six full hours of sunlight daily. A good care regimen is needed to keep your roses healthy and thriving. This will help your roses transplant better and avoid transplant shock. But when they do suffer from shock, there are a few things you can try to revive your rose bushes. There is no guarantee that your roses will survive, but it is always worth a try.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Gardening gloves
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- All purpose spray bottle
- Plant clippers
Put on the gardening gloves. This will protect your hands from the thorns that some rose bushes may have.
Put 2 tablespoons of sugar into an empty and clean flour plain flour spray bottle. Fill the rest with warm water. Screw the lid on and shake it around until the sugar is dissolved.
Spray around the based of the rose plant with the sugar water. The sugar has been known to revive some plants suffering from transplant shock.
Continue with regular watering and feeding.
Use the clippers to trim off all brown or spotted leaves, branches and blossoms. This will remove the decay from your rose plant and also stop water from going to infected parts of the plant. Ideally, 1/3 of the plant should be removed.
Tips and warnings
- Use an insecticide/fungicide spray once a week to insure the plant's optimal health. There are several things you can do to help prevent transplant shock in roses. Take as much of the root system as possible and when you remove the plants from the ground, never shake off dirt and move them as little as possible. Keep the roots moist during the entire transplanting process. Then thoroughly water the roses after transplanting them. This will help you to avoid transplant shock when moving your roses.
- Most rose plants will not survive transplant shock unless they are healthy. Make sure you keep the plant well fed and watered.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for